Pastor McShaffrey was invited to speak to a group of young adults (ages 14-18) in the Wisconsin Dells this weekend for their annual retreat.
The general theme was “Acknowledging and Answering God’s Claim and Call upon My Life” and a summary of the sessions is posted below.
Acknowledging God’s Claim & Call upon My Life…
1. From Eternity (Psalm 139:16, Revelation 17:8)
2. At Conception (Psalm 139:13-15, Job 10:8-12)
3. At Birth (Exodus 13:1-2, Psalm 87:4-6)
4. In Infancy (Genesis 17:13-14, Acts 2:38-39)
5. In Childhood (Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Ephesians 6:1-4)
6. In Adolescence (1 John 2:12-17, Titus 2:1-8)
7. Unto Adulthood (1 Corinthians 13:11, Romans 12:1-2)
Answering God’s Claim & Call upon My Life by…
1. Believing that the Bible is truly God’s Word
2. Understanding what and who God truly is
3. Acknowledging the awful heinousness of sin
4. Turning from of sin and trusting in Christ
5. Submitting to the Lordship of Christ over all of life
6. Promising to participate in the ministry of the church
7. Being willing to receive discipleship and correction
Click here for a more in-depth study of these points.
At the close of our final session, one of the event-coordinators suggested that the participants take time to visit the Serious Christianity website to continue considering the level of their personal commitment Jesus Christ and his Kingdom.
Grace Reformed Church is committed to promoting and defending the biblical and reformed faith by providing Bible study guides and online. Please feel free to download and distribute these lessons (with appropriate attribution).